TruU Authorized Users US State Policies, Disclosures and Rights Updated March 2023 Biometric Use Policy
- “Biometric Data” means any information, regardless of how it is captured, converted, stored, or shared, based on an individual’s biometric identifiers or biometric information.
- “Biometric Identifier” means a physiological or biological characteristic that is used to identify a specific individual, including but not limited to fingerprints, hand geometry, and facial recognition.
- “Biometric Information” means any information based on an individual’s biometric identifiers, including but not limited to a template, algorithm, or any other representation of biometric data.
Collection and Use of Biometric Data
We may collect and use biometric data for the following purposes:
- Security and access control: We may use biometric data to control access to our facilities, equipment, or systems.
- Identity and Access Management: We may use biometric data to validate that you are an authorized user to access network, data, applications, websites and physical facilities.
We will only collect and use biometric data with your consent, or as required or permitted by law.
Storage and Protection of Biometric Data
- We will store biometric data using reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect it from unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction.
- We will retain biometric data for no longer than necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law.
Sharing and Disclosure of Biometric Data
We will not sell, lease, trade, or otherwise profit from biometric data. We will not disclose biometric data to third parties without your consent, or as required or permitted by law.
Your Rights and Choices
Under applicable state laws, you may have the right to:
- Receive written notice of our biometric data collection and use practices.
- Provide or withhold consent to the collection and use of your biometric data.
- Access your biometric data and request that it be corrected or deleted.
- Sue us for violations of state biometric data privacy laws.
If you have any questions or concerns about our biometric data collection and use practices, or if you wish to exercise your rights under applicable state laws, please contact us at email@example.com. You may request deletion of your biometric data and personal data at anytime by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates to Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our biometric data collection and use practices or changes in applicable laws. We will provide notice of any material changes to this Policy as required by law.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of biometric data in compliance with applicable state laws. If you have any questions or concerns about our biometric data collection and use practices, please contact us.
Corporate Address and Contact Number
TruU, Inc. 2350 Mission College Blvd., Suite 780 Santa Clara, CA 95054
Toll Free: 1 877 214 2838
For Questions, Concerns or Legal Notices
To Request Deletion of Data or Exercise Rights in Relation Thereto:email@example.com
Copyright © 2023 TruU, Inc. All rights reserved.